Echo is an easy to use, powerful Web SMS service to send and receive SMS online. Echo has a straightforward and intuitive user interface so you can be sending and receiving SMS messages within minutes.
Registering for an Echo free trial account
- Step 1 - Click on the “Sign me up for a free trial” button on our homepage
- Step 2 - Complete the short registration form and submit
- Step 3 - Receive an email with your login details
- Step 4 - Click on the “login” button on our website, add your username and password and start sending SMS
Sending an individual SMS
To send an SMS from Echo:
- Step 1- If you have multiple accounts, select which account you would like to send your message from with the drop down bar provided
- Step 2- Place a recipient in the “To” field. Simply type in the phone number you want to send to or If they are stored as part of your contact list, type in the name to populate details from your address book (You may notice a Contacts and Groups tab below. Clicking on Contacts and Groups will let you access your Esendex address books, including Plaxo or Salesforce accounts if you have them)
- Step 3- Type in your message in the box provided. Choose to send your message as a Standard SMS or Voice SMS and then click send
Sending Bulk SMS
Bulk SMS allows you to upload and send a large amount of messages in one go. To ensure a successful upload please try to use one worksheet per file and check that the numbers are not stored as text before uploading.
- Step 1 - Select the “bulk” tab in the "Send" screen
- Step 2 - Prepare and Upload your file. You can upload three different types of file depending on what you require. These can contain Telephone Numbers Only, Telephone Numbers and Messages or files for SMS Merging
We have written a quick guide on how to send bulk SMS with the three different file formats below. If you are still unsure, please take a look at the example Option Templates available to download on the Bulk Upload and Send page.
Option 1 - Uploading a file that contains telephone numbers only:
If you are uploading a file that contains Telephone Numbers Only write in your chosen message in the compose field, choose whether you want to send Voice or Standard SMS and select to Send the Message Now or Send the Message Later.
Option 2 - Uploading a file that contains telephone numbers and messages :
If you are uploading data that includes your message already in the file, choose whether you want to send Voice or Standard SMS and select to Send the Message Now or Send the Message Later.
Option 3 - Uploading a file for SMS merging:
This is a mail merge for SMS Messaging, which will allow you to quickly create mass individualized SMS from specific fields of a document.
- Step 1 - Create a file that contains telephone numbers and the data you wish to include in your message (such as First Name, Last Name, Appointment Date, Appointment Time for example). Make sure each column is titled
- Step 2 - Tick ‘First row contains headings’ and upload your file
- Step 3 - Use the dropdown bar to select which of your columns contains the recipient’s phone number. Write your message and click in the fields you wish to merge in the message. (For example ‘Dear [[First_name]] , you are booked in on the [[Date]] at [[Time]]. See you then.')
- Step 4 - Select preview to view you messages , choose whether you want to send Voice or Standard SMS and then Send the Message Now or Send the Message Later.